Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Busy, busy, busy.

Believe it or not, I've been quite busy the past few days/weeks. I hardly have any time for reading, or just sitting, or anything at all.
After looking at how much school I have left in the year, I decided that if I work hard enough, I'll be able to get it done by Thursday this week, instead of dragging it out until my original finish date of June 15th. So I've been working at that.
My last piano lesson was yesterday, and I took a nap while I waited for my turn at the piano. I was all groggy and sleepy during my lesson, so I didn't play my best.
Friday night I had a little freakout party as I realized for the first time that County Fair is about a month away and I haven't started any 4-H projects. At all. So I pulled out my list of projects I'm signed up for and brainstormed. I thought of a few sewing projects, a couple things to draw, and some other things that I can't remember right now.
Saturday, I went to the store with Liz and started sewing a little bag (Mom's sewing machine was over there). I got to the end of the second step and realized that I didn't have any fusible batting or decor-bond. I really didn't know what either of those things was, so I called Mom and she told me I needed both of them, and to go to a fabric store.
After work, Liz and I went to JoAnn Fabrics and I bought tons of stuff. I don't think I've ever spent that much money there. It was way too fun. I stocked up on things I'll need for my other projects, such as 3 yards of fleece for polo wraps, and fabric and batting for a saddle pad.
I finished the little bag yesterday, and it is soooo cute! I think I did a really good job on it. It was a much easier project than sewing a dress. I'm hoping that my saddle pad works out just as well. Polo wraps will be fairly easy I think, the trickiest part will be cutting the fleece exactly straight.

Today I went to Rebekah's to help her plant her garden. Her parents were there, and we got a lot done, since there were two baby-holders and two (and occasionally three) garden-planters.
It was a very fun and relaxing time. Rebekah and I played in the dirt and mud, and we were little girls together.
At one point I was driving sticks into the ground to mark where the finished rows were, and I wasn't having much luck just pushing straight down on it. So I took it and ran around and around it, twisting it with me. Rebekah and her dad started laughing at me, and I had to stop 'cuz I was so dizzy. I tried to walk, and stumbled all around.

Then tonight we had a couple from our old church over for supper. I read books to their little boy (he's about 2 1/2). He's so precious. He almost fell asleep while I was reading to him. I asked him when his bedtime is, and he said it was at 8:00. They stayed until about 9:30, and he got so sleepy. He's such a sweet little boy :)

Today has been a good day.

If I can keep up with school and finish on Thursday, I'm going to start working "full time" for Mom and really learn her embroidery machines. Then I'll be able to take horse lessons, as soon as I get my license. Stuff is finally starting to fall into place, and God is good to me.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Sounds like you have been busy! :D How many hrs. do you have for your license? :)

    ReplyDelete