Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy June!

"'For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.'" ~ Jeremiah 29:11-13

I've been busying myself with 4-H projects. Got two sketches done, and I'm not extremely happy with them, but they'll do. I'll post pictures, but not until I know what kind of ribbons I get. That means you have to wait until at least June 21st to see them.
I also have half finished polo wraps and a little hand bag. Hoping to start on my saddle pad real soon, and I have yet to decide what to do for baked goods this year.
This year they added some new projects called "challenges", where there are specific rules for each project. For example, one is making a plate of cookies. You have to use their recipe, and make it to the best of your ability. Another one is a container garden, and I think I'll do that as well. The best part is I don't have to fill out any goal sheets, and I still get premium money! :)

They just started shooting sports in my county, so I signed myself up for that. Went to the informational meeting on Tuesday night, and there were only two other kids there. Needless to say, I was the only girl.
Unfortunately, they don't have an instructor trained in archery, which is what I really wanted to do. Guns are alright but archery is better. The county next to us does have an instructor, and the 4-H organizer or whatever she is said that if there were enough people interested in it we could borrow their instructor or something. Hopefully they'll do that, because this is my last year in 4-H and by the time they get someone trained for our county I'll be done.

This weekend I have a 4-H horse show. I won't be showing in it, I'll just be opening and closing the gate, manning the concession stand and handing out ribbons. Probably not all at the same time though :P
Then on Sunday I have a 4-H meeting and then a trail clinic. You've probably figured it out by now: this is the busiest time of year for 4-H.

On another note entirely, I only have to get 6 more driving hours! Yayyy :) I found out that I only need 20 hours, not 30. That made me happy.

I really can't believe it's June already. Almost half the year is gone! And my baby niece's birthday is in 6 days. Awwww :D

P.S. Guess I'm just in a patriotic mood! Do I change my background too much? To be honest, I kinda liked the other one better, and might change it back. Lol.

2 comments:

  1. I really Like those verses! Sounds like 4-H is going good! How many hours do you have left to get?
    Ummm about the background.. lol This one looks cool, but the other one did too,
    Soooo like always, you shouldn't ask me such hard questions! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just realized, that you said how many hours you have to get. :P I guess I should pay attention when I'm reading! ;P

    ReplyDelete