Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Why I Joined 4-H

I have found that 4-H isn’t just agriculture and animals as I once thought. It is learning, meeting new people, taking responsibility, friends, hard work, making memories, having life experiences, and developing life skills.

The primary reason I joined the Butler County Young Riders is the fact that the club is horse-oriented. I love everything that has to do with horses. Meeting other horse people is always a fun experience.
Not only have I met and gotten to know the members of my club, I’ve met many other people too.

Since I joined four years ago, I have learned so much through 4-H. I’ve learned more about different animals, people, and I’ve developed new skills with the various projects I’ve done. Without 4-H, I never would have attempted most of the projects I have brought to the fair.

Another reason I wanted to join was that I wanted to have fun!
I have had so much fun participating in various club and county activities.
I like taking projects to the fair, shooting with shooting sports, officer training, giving talks and presentations, awards night, Share-the-Fun acts, and most of the time just attending the meetings is fun! I also enjoyed being the vice president of my club this past year.

As a result of being involved with 4-H, I can better relate to people, I’m more confident, and I have improved skills in the many areas I’ve pursued.

That is why I joined 4-H.

Emily Currier, Butler County Young Riders

{my winning essay I submitted for a 4-H contest}

1 comment:

  1. I can see why this one won, Thats really good! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete