Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, April 18, 2011

Hey! Soo, guess I did pretty good on posting more, eh? ;) I almost did the BEDA (blog every day of April) thingy, but then I thought about it and decided that I wouldn't have enough to say, so I would run out of stuff to post by the 3rd or 4th day.
Anyways, I got my hair cut on Saturday. I took a few pictures, but alas, no good ones to behold. Oh well.
Mom and I worked on Saturday morning, and then went to IL with Liz for a short weekend trip. We stopped at the Cedar Falls Kohl's on the way, so we didn't get to IL until 7pm. We didn't do much out of the ordinary while we were there, but it was a fun trip. Then we stopped at the Coralville Kohl's on the way home (can you tell we like Kohl's?), and I got some sweet new kicks!



They're Nikes (if ya didn't notice, lol), and I love them. I'm kind of a sucker for brands, especially Nike. I used them for Pilates this morning, and they're pretty much amazing. Just have to break them in a little bit before they're really comfortable, but I'll survive until then. They look grey in the pictures, but they're more brown. But wait, I just looked at them and they look grey. Tricky.

Anyways, enough about my shoes, haha. Last Sunday, I hosted my 4-H meeting, so I made these cookies with cookie cutters Liz gave to me:

 They turned out really cute, and were very yummy too! I just didn't have time to frost them. They were ok to make, but the dough was very picky. It had to chill for 3-4 hours, but I didn't have that kind of time on my hands, so I chilled them for 2ish, and had to stick the dough back in the fridge a few times. I didn't use all the dough, so I chilled it overnight, but even then it got really sticky and crumbly really fast when I tried to use it. I like drop cookies a lot better anyways, they're not so fussy.

I have an entire week off from school for Easter! Pretty cool, but I think I'll just work right through it and get done for the year a week earlier.

Last week in an effort to start eating better (mostly for my teeth, but also in an effort to become a healthier person overall) I stopped eating white flour and all sugar. Needless to say, I starved. Then I made whole wheat bread and tortillas, and I've been devouring those. Probably not a good thing. I wanted to get raw milk too, but apparently it's illegal to sell raw milk in IA, and I didn't know that :(
But I'm definitely surviving and thriving, and I've only cheated 3 times in 6 days. Pretty good, I think.

Not sure entirely where I'm at as far as horseback riding goes. Waiting for the arena to dry out, and maybe trying to get a schedule worked out. I left my rubber cow boots at Jenna's, and I miss them and want them now. Nobody appreciates the smell of manure as much as I do though, so they'd probably be banned to the shed as soon as I brought them home.

P.S. look at this adorable picture aw :)

6 comments:

  1. Cool shoes!
    Looks like bright blue eyes run in the family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Timmy! Yeah, they do :)

    I can't, Lizzy. They're just too beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, Little Buggy is all excited to see herself in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or maybe it's Gramoo and Aunt Emmy she sees...

    ReplyDelete